Super Soul’s mission is to innovate and experiment with interactive media. We are also lifelong gamers, so we always strive to deliver high quality games by emphasizing fun, innovation and creativity. The company creates commercial games and experimental games. We run a local game development group, participate in Game Jams and create interactive art installations.
About the founders:
Richard Hoagland – Creative Director
BFA University of Kentucky
- Richard is classically trained in the Dark Arts. After ebay shut down the sale of spells, Richard was forced to move on to the closest relative of the Dark Arts, Fine Arts. Richard has exhibited his work at the Idea Festival, the Creative Cities Summit, the Downtown Arts Place and many other venues. Richard also worked in computer graphics research at the University of Kentucky. On his home world Richard has won many awards and holds a PHD in both psychology and paranormal psychology.
- Articulation was an installation for children to experience different forms of artistic expression and technique throughout human history. Images and documentation will be posted soon.
- Part of Articulation, IVE grew into its own installation. Participants collaborate or experiment alone to modify an ever changing abstract image projected onto a surface. Images and documentation will be posted soon.
- Motion Capture Baseball
- 3D baseball game using motion capture cameras as input.
- A Fairy Tale Revisited
- An experiment in animation
- Kreature Kreator
- A prototype for a social/interactive project for children’s hospitals
John Meister – Technical Director
BS Computer Engineering
- As a graduate of Purdue University in Computer Engineering, John has worked in the software industry for the last 15 years. He founded RunJumpDev, a non-profit game development association in Kentucky whose goal is to promote the game industry and culture. John is a lifelong gamer and has a passion for leading creative teams.
John does not have any interesting projects to show at this time. He is too busy contributing his IT and Dev skills to the resistance on Alpha Centauri.